Prentiss & Carlisle (P&C) is currently accepting applications for a forester in our Woodlot Management Services (WMS) program in Maine. The WMS team of professional foresters provides a comprehensive range of woodlot management services to help woodlot owners meet a variety of goals. Prentiss & Carlisle is a 4th generation forest management company established in 1924. As a trusted forest management firm, Prentiss & Carlisle provides timberland services & consulting services throughout the United States.
JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Landowner / Client outreach and new business generation.
- Strong communication and networking skills.
- Work with potential new & existing clients to develop management plans to meet their needs.
- Develop harvest plans including silvicultural prescriptions, anticipated volumes, stumpage revenues, harvesting costs, road cost as well as applicable permitting and notifications. Location and marking of property and harvest boundaries.
- Regular inspections of harvest and other activities to ensure compliance with planned objectives and client expectations.
- Monitoring of forest product utilization and environmental regulations.
- Preparation of Timber Harvest Agreements and associated vendor contracts for logging, road building, etc.
- Tracking of financials for your respective projects.
- Work with other team members on projects as needed.
- This position requires a BS in forestry or related field. Experience helpful.
- Possession of a current Maine Foresters License or ability to obtain.
- Out of the box thinker that is self-motivated and great people skills is essential to success at this position.
- Strong safety values especially applicable to the forest products industry.
- Proficiency in relevant silvicultural, harvest planning and operations, and mensuration skills.
- Ability to work independently outside in all weather conditions and remote locations.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, ArcInfo/ArcMap as well as GPS data collection.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Prentiss & Carlisle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive wage commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefit package including a company vehicle, paid vacation & holidays, health insurance, life & disability insurance and 401(k) matching & profit-sharing contributions. Qualified applicants should email a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Prentiss & Carlisle Management Co., Inc., P.O. Box 637, Bangor, ME 04402. Subject: WMS Forester