Prentiss & Carlisle (P&C) is currently accepting applications for a Forest Technician position based out of our Bangor, Maine office. P&C is a 4th generation forest management company established in 1924. As a trusted forest management firm, P&C provides timberland management and consulting services for clients throughout the United States and eastern Canada. We serve a wide range of forest ownership types including family timberlands, conservation group lands, investment organization properties, and municipal forestlands. Most managed properties are enrolled in third party group certification programs.
JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participation in completing internal and external timber cruising and inventory projects.
- Layout of timber harvest boundaries and forest roads including delineation of riparian zones (streams, brooks, lakes, bogs, etc.), biodiversity features, and property lines.
- On an as needed basis, completion of harvest and road operations inspections to ensure compliance with the planned objectives, proper utilization of timber products, environmental regulations, and proper Chain of Custody procedures.
- Completing renewal of property boundary lines.
- General timber reconnaissance and on the ground monitoring of timberland tracts
- When called upon, assist with special company projects within or outside the company including land use studies, due diligence, etc.
- The ideal candidate will be able to transition from this Forest Technician position into a future operational position within the company in 2-5 years.
- This position requires a BS degree in forestry or related degree.
- Possession of a current Maine Forester’s License or ability to obtain a Maine Forester’s License.
- Strong safety values especially applicable to the forest products industry.
- Proficiency in relevant silvicultural, harvest operation, and mensuration skills.
- Ability to work independently outside in all weather conditions and remote locations.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and ArcInfo/ArcMap GIS.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Prentiss & Carlisle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive wage commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefit package including a company vehicle, paid vacation & holidays, health insurance, life & disability insurance and 401(k) matching & profit-sharing contributions. Qualified applicants should email a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Prentiss & Carlisle Management Co., Inc., P.O. Box 637, Bangor, ME 04402. Subject: Forest Technician – Maine