Prentiss & Carlisle (P&C) is currently accepting applications for a Biometrician/Analyst position based out of our Bangor, Maine office. P&C is a 4th generation forest management company established in 1924. As a trusted forest management firm, P&C provides timberland management and consulting services for clients throughout the United States and eastern Canada. We serve a wide range of forest ownership types including family timberlands, conservation group lands, investment organization properties, and municipal forestlands. Most managed properties are enrolled in third party group certification programs. By joining our organization, the successful candidate would have the full support of a team of forest resource professionals as well as other supporting staff including information technologies, human resources, and accounting.
JOB DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Forest Biometrics Coordination and Oversight including:
- Timber Inventory – Design of data collection and processing protocol and Inventory analysis
- Growth and yield modeling
- Annual allowable cut estimates
- Support of other Technical Team projects
- This position requires a minimum BS degree in forestry or related field with 2 to 5 years of experience desired.
- Possession of a current Maine Forester’s License or ability to obtain a Maine Forester’s License.
- Working knowledge of biometrics and mensuration techniques.
- Experience using modeling software, e.g., FVS, Woodstock, etc. preferred.
- Database skills and programming language to the forest products industry.
- Strong safety values especially applicable to the forest products industry.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Prentiss & Carlisle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive wage commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefit package including paid vacation & holidays, health insurance, life & disability insurance and 401(k) matching & profit-sharing contributions. Qualified applicants should email a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, Subject: Biometrician/Analyst